Featured Not resolved

So we bought a Butterball “Premium raised without hormones all natural young turkey”. The reasoning behind the choice was partially because of the long standing reputation of your company. My partner has suffered thru my thanksgiving rituals each year for more than 20 yrs now. Neither of us have remaining family, but she suffers this because it is my way of honoring my mother who was killed on Thanksgiving morning. We never accept invitations although there are always many.

That said, I must now say that this was the worst excuse for a turkey I’ve ever seen. Oh it came out ok in the end, but only thru ridiculous painstaking effort on my part.

First, you didn’t include any giblet package… now how the *** do I make gravy??

Then you cut off almost all the skin that could be used to sew up a stuffed turkey. I had to remove as much as I dared from the neck area which had nothing really to spare either. Then sew it on to what there was on the other end just in order to make the skin cover the breasts so they wouldn't completely dry during cooking.

During the cooking of this bird I quickly became aware that there was absolutely no juices/drippings in the pan so basting was not a possibility. The bird was that dry. I was forced to place pats of butter on top of the bird to stop the splitting from the heat and dryness of this piece of *** I was sold.

I am writing to tell you this before I post a review of it. I hope that you find a way to convince me that this was somehow an anomaly and not the quality you now sell. I am enclosing photos of the front panel purchase/price ticket and a photo showing part of the literal surgery to finally skin cover the meat. The last comment I heard from my partner was “I know you did what you could with that, but next year we go out”.

I wish I could end this with a pleasantry, but you have effectively turned the remembrance day for my mother into a disaster.

Pat Morrissey

2ndhandmick@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Butterball Premium Turkey.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 26.

Comments

Never, ever publish your personal information on an open internet website. Perhaps you have mistaken this forum for a conduit to the manufacturer ; it is not.

It is simply a gripe board viewed internationally and populated by A) well meaning individuals (B) trolls (C) International computer hackers who now have your e-mail (D) etc. ; you have placed yourself at great unknown personal jeopardy by publishing personal data and details.

And their favorite victims are the emotional type - like your post. BE MORE CAREFUL.