I buy Butterball every year and this year I had a very strange experience cooking my 23 lb turkey. I used a Nesco Roaster at 325 degrees.

I basted it in bitter with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. I put it in the roaster at 8:30 am and at 9:30am, the legs broke loose and knocked the top off the roaster. My husband helped me wrestle it back in and tie the legs together since the band that normally holds them in place disintegrated. We were able to get things back under control, put the top on and let it cook a while.

At noon I went to check the turkey and t was completely splayed out in the roaster. Strangest thing I have ever seen! I do wish I had taken a picture, but you will have to take my word for it now. I expected to check the temperature at 1, but it looked very done and was falling off the bones, so I checked the temp any it was 180-190 degrees.

I suspect the turkey was injected with something, since it was pretty much blown apart! I may never buy another Butterball :( A response is appreciated.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of product quality something was wrong with the turkey. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of butterball turkey and associated monetary loss in the amount of $30. Butterball needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned butterball turkey in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Butterball.

Comments