I buy Butterball every year and this year I had a very strange experience cooking my 23 lb turkey. I used a Nesco Roaster at 325 degrees.

I basted it in bitter with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. I put it in the roaster at 8:30 am and at 9:30am, the legs broke loose and knocked the top off the roaster. My husband helped me wrestle it back in and tie the legs together since the band that normally holds them in place disintegrated. We were able to get things back under control, put the top on and let it cook a while.

At noon I went to check the turkey and t was completely splayed out in the roaster. Strangest thing I have ever seen! I do wish I had taken a picture, but you will have to take my word for it now. I expected to check the temperature at 1, but it looked very done and was falling off the bones, so I checked the temp any it was 180-190 degrees.

I suspect the turkey was injected with something, since it was pretty much blown apart! I may never buy another Butterball :( A response is appreciated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Butterball Turkey.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Product quality something was wrong with the turkey.

Comments