I live in the Virgin Islands where food prices are sky high due to shipping and general cost of living. I purchased a Butterball Turkey Roast, a 3 pound half breast. When I unwrapped the unit after a thaw, there was an immense gravy bag inclosed. I paid $12.99 for the product and in this small portion, 20% of the weight was water looking mighty green. I would no more boil that off than I would drink from the Flint River.

Called Butterball and they stated, "Since so little fat is on the Butterball Breast roast we included gravy bag so you wouldn't go wanting".

Yea. The nasty bag, thick and heavy by the way, filled with questionable liquid upped the price for the meat by a huge amount. When you buy Turkey meat, shouldn't you get Turkey meat? The phone rep pointed out that "gravy included" was printed on the bag, just not up to a quarter of my purchase!

Pissed

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "fraud" of butterball turkey breast roast and associated monetary loss in the amount of $4. Butterball needs to "prosecution for shipping gravy soup instead of turkey meat" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned butterball turkey breast roast in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Butterball.

Comments