Quincy, Washington

On November 23rd, 2015 I bought a 24# frozen Butterball turkey. Properly thawed it in the fridge for -2- days.

On November 26th, 2015, I prepared the turkey for brining. As soon as I unwrapped it, I noticed a funny smell, like freezer burn or old grease. I washed it in the sink, but the smell lingered. I called Butterball and asked if they could tell me how old the turkey was...

SURPRISE!! The Julian date showed that the turkey had been frozen February 24th 2014...So I asked if that was acceptable, I was told that Butterball allows turkeys to be sold up to -2- years after frozen date..Contacted Butterball, canned response about how to properly thaw a turkey..

Nothing since.. NEVER BUY BUTTERBALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of veryvery poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of butterball turkey and associated monetary loss in the amount of $44. Butterball needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned butterball turkey in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Butterball.

Comments

Oceanside, California, United States #1247438

I also had a horrible old grease smell all over my Butterball turkey. Instead of returning it, as we should have, we washed it up and cooked it.

As it cooked, the whole kitchen began stinking up of old grease smell. Enough was enough and we took it back to Stater Bros and replaced it with another brand.

They were very kind and sympathetic. The Jennie O turkey was delicious.